There is a lot of false information about COVID-19 going around.
If you are looking for correct information, here are some resources on the disease that we have collected for you.
Resources include S.A. regulations relating to Covid-19 and how the City of Johannesburg is implementing them.
- Department of Health Corona Virus 24 Hour Hotline (Toll-free)
0800 029 999
- Department of Health Corona Virus WhatsApp updates
- It is not a WhatsApp group – you will not be spammed.
- It provides correct factual information using an interactive menu.
- Click on the link below (from your phone if you do not have WhatsApp Desktop) and send the ‘hi’ message.
- You can also save the number below and send a ‘hi’ message on WhatsApp.
+27 60 012 3456
- Child Friendly Explanation of Coronavirus
- General Advice on COVID-19 in Afrikaans, English and isiXhosa.
Please note: these documents are from the Western Cape Government, so the telephone numbers provided may be incorrect. When the Gauteng Government sends us their versions we will put them up here
- Precautions – Department of Health
- How to Handwash – WHO
- Covid-19 Myth Busters – WHO
- Coping with Stress – WHO
S.A. Regulations relating to Covid-19
City of Johannesburg Implementation
- The Final Statement of the Executive Mayor of Johannesburg 18/03/2020
- City of Johannesburg Implementation for Covid-19
If you require assistance during this time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and someone from the Community Needs portfolio will be in touch.
We hope you all stay safe and healthy.