Notice is hereby given that the Craigpark Residents’ Association AGM will be held as a ‘paper AGM’, run via email.
Although President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced the move to Level 1 in terms of the Disaster Management Act, the CRA Executive Committee has decided that a face-to-face AGM would expose our residents to unnecessary Covid-19 risks. So a method that is familiar to many residents has been chosen: a so-called ‘paper AGM’. This will run over the month of October, according to the timetable laid out below, and ensures that all participants have an opportunity to ask questions via email, and have them answered.
Participation in the AGM
The AGM is open to all those who reside, own property, or run a business in the area.
To register for participation, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th October 2020 with the following details:
- Address (of residence, property, or business)
- Contact details (email address and telephone number)
Only those who are paid-up CRA members by the 15th October 2020 will be eligible to vote.
- For more information on membership click here
- To check your membership status, please email email@example.com
Please note: CRA membership is linked to an individual and not a household.
If more than one individual in a household wishes to vote, each individual must be a paid-up member and must have registered in order to participate in the AGM.
Your participation in our suburbs
The CRA is looking for projects that you feel would benefit our residents and add value to the suburbs. We would like you to put forward a few possible options that you would like to work, on so that members can vote for these during the AGM.
Suggestions could be for:
- projects managed by the CRA
- eg: teas for the elderly, suggestion to engage with the Municipality to build a car park off Marlborough Drive for Delta Park users
- in aid of another organisation
- eg: the e’Pap Foundation NPC initiative
- in collaboration with a local group or organisation
- eg: suggestion to assist REEA in restoring a heritage building by constructing a roof on the old REEA hot house
Please email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th October 2020.
Paid-up members will be asked to indicate their interest, on the AGM voting form, in order for to us to gauge which projects the community would like the CRA Exco to investigate for future consideration.
The AGM will be conducted by means of the following process:
1 – 10 October
Register to participate in the AGM
1 – 10 October
Suggest projects that would add value to our area
1 – 15 October
Pay your CRA membership fees
1 – 15 October
Send in Exco nomination forms
Circulation of AGM document pack via email to registered participants, containing:
- Chairpersons’ report
- Financial reports
- Project suggestions for CRA involvement
- Executive Committee (Exco) nominees if the number of nominations for Exco exceeds the openings available
- Details on what you need to do in order to be able to vote
22 – 26 October
Registered participants email questions to Exco
22 – 29 October
Vote for nominees to the CRA Exco
23 – 30 October
Exco will respond to questions emailed by registered participants
Results of voting, overview of Q&A’s and announcement of the incoming Executive Committee will be emailed to registered participants
Executive Committee Nominations
The CRA Exco both needs and will greatly benefit from new Exco members. New blood will bring fresh ideas and passion to the work we do for you, our community. There are a number of portfolios that cover various interests – business, communications, community needs, environment, financial strategy, infrastructure, security and town planning, all of which need extra members. If we have nominations for Exco that would bring the Exco numbers to 15 or less, no vote is needed, and nominees automatically become members of the Exco. There are currently 8 out of a possible 15 Exco members.
To stand for nomination to the Executive Committee the nominee is required to:
- be a paid-up member of the CRA
- be nominated in writing by a paid-up member of the CRA
- be seconded in writing by a paid-up member of the CRA
- submit written consent accepting the nomination
The necessary documents (links below) need to be emailed to email@example.com no later than 17:00 on the 15th October 2020:
We encourage as many residents as possible to participate in the AGM, submit their project suggestions and, if paid-up members, stand for nomination to the CRA Executive Committee.
As a residents’ association, what we can achieve for you, our residents, is dependent on the involvement of the wider CRA community.
The CRA Executive Committee